MEET OUR STAFF - SARAH BLOOM
1. Who are you and what did you do before you joined us at Crawley Open House?
I am Sarah, the current Head of Day services at Crawley Open House. Prior to joining I was the Rough Sleeper Coordinator at Crawley Borough Council.
2. How will you help our clients at your current position?
I am responsible for the day-to-day running of the resource centre, which includes all the agencies that come in to run drop-in sessions, and the classes or afternoon activities that are delivered.
3. Are you originally from Crawley? How did you hear about COH?
Yes, I was born and raised in Crawley. I knew of COH for a number of years and was based here twice a week in my previous role at the council.
4. Why choose to work at COH?
I already knew the team at COH, and thought I could be a good fit for the role, and had enjoyed working alongside the team for 2 days a week.
5. What were some of your expectations before joining COH?
I didn’t have many expectations before joining COH, as it had already felt like family before I officially started in my role.
6. What are some of the goals you would like to achieve at COH?
I want to create a community at the resource centre, and provide peer mentor training programme.
7. Like at any job, working at COH can become stressful sometimes, so what do you do for fun?
I love 80’s rock music, and going to gigs and festivals.