MEET OUR TRUSTEES - DARYL GAYLER
1. Who are you and what did you do before you joined us at Crawley Open House as a trustee?
I was the Regional Director for the South East for RBS. I am also a trustee of Phoenix Stroke Club in Horsham and help to run the St Catherine’s Hospice Golf Society.
2. How will you help our clients with the job experience in your current position?
Yes, I would like to think that people skills and finance knowledge are very relevant to my role as a trustee.
3. Are you originally from Crawley? How did you hear about COH?
I was born in London but lived in Crawley all my life in Three Bridges. I knew about COH from living and working in Crawley. I have also known James for many years from when our kids were at the same school. I also knew Charlie through football.
4. Why choose to be a trustee at COH?
I knew I wanted to give back to the local community with the skills I had in management and marketing. I thought I could help raise funds and manage the finances. I think I’ve done that and a bit more.
5. What were some of your expectations before joining COH?
I had none but I volunteered in the kitchen before becoming a trustee so I knew what to expect.
6. What are some of the goals you would like to achieve at COH?
I would like to continue the good work of the trustees and the leadership team to make COH financially strong for today and the future to ensure it continues to serve society in the way that it does and it was already well on the way to achieving this well before I joined.
7. Like at any job, being a trustee at COH can become stressful sometimes, so what do you do for fun?
For fun, I enjoy all sports
I am a Liverpool supporter but also follow Crawley and regularly attend Broadfield Stadium with my son. So I like to keep busy.
I also have 2 dogs and love to walk them through Tilgate Forest.